Wednesday 6 April 2011

An Anniversary Celebration: Farewell to Accounting - Enter Giraffe Entrepreneur!



We are all amazed that another whole year has passed and our anniversary celebrations are with us again for that wonderful day in April 2008, when I said farewell to accounting! Who would have predicted the nextent to which our lives were to change?

The photo above was taken as I received my lovely leaving gifts at Storey & Tawle, the Raffsburgh accountancy firm I had worked with for so long. (This link will take you to the original post). Oh the joys I have had looking through the lovely telescope - most especially gazing all those light years away to Planet Earth, and knowing that all my dear human bloggy-friends are there!


My first ever blog post was The Escape of a Giraffe Accountant, when I handed in my notice, and since then we haven't looked back! Our new family business Giraffe World Tours was born, we bought our bus, we moved house, we've had nexciting adventures, made lots of mistakes, had lots of fun, grown closer as a family. And we're always moving on to the neckst step of the way! Even when we don't know what it is ...


If I have one nexhortation for you, dear human bloggy-friends, it is this: Stick your necks out for your dreams!

And now it's time to party!

(c) Ingrid Sylvestre - Artist, Designer, Illustrator, Party Caricaturist Durham North East England UK

22 comments:

Cloudia said...

Happy Anniversary!


Always a special treat to see your wonderful posts



Warm Aloha to all Giraffes
from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

Heather said...

Great to hear from you again Raph and to know you are all well and happy. Congratulations on your anniversary and may your new venture go from strength to strength.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Ooh thank you, Cloudia! Wish you were able to get across here to our party - it's going on for a few days!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Thank you Heather! We're all waving towards Planet Earth now - can you see us?

Anne said...

Welcome back! It is always fun to see your creative posts.
Happy Anniversary!
Smiles.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Choices, thank you! It's always a treat to be in bloggy-land among my human friends!

VP said...

*waves back*

Happy anniversary!

WV aptly says binge!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Dear Raphs - lovely for your blog to pop up on my side bar. Happy Anniversary. Follow your dreams eh? I will endorse that - I have been doing it for years.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

VP thank you - we're all waving again!

Binge! I've certainly eaten rather a lot of sprout souffle!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Thank you Weaver. It's good, isn't it, following one's dreams! The best way, the only way!

Rosemary said...

Happy Anniversary!
I am partying on Planet Earth to help celebrate this momentous occasion.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Oooh, thank you Rosemary and I hope you're enjoying partying! Do you have Sprout Souffle and Giraffitude Cake there too?

The Solitary Walker said...

I'd rather have a telescope than a calculator any day, Raph! Party on.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

That'll make a great new quote to put on our kitchen wall, SW!

We're all going out for a picnic today - still partying!

Rune Eide said...

Accounting must be a bore indeed (I know, from the small amount I have done). No wonder you left for your next assignment.

All the more reason for a necky celebration!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

We're still celebrating, RuneE! Another anniversary too ...

Jan said...

Happy Anniversary and lovely hearing from you - seems like an age.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Thank you Jan! Lovely to hear from you too. We've been so nextremely busy there's not been much time to visit Bloggyland!

Anonymous said...

To read that you made lots of mistakes but also had lots of fun sounds very optimistic, Raph! It gave me food for thought, not to grieve over my mistakes but to enjoy the fun! Whatever the neckst step will be. Thank you and Happy Anniversary! :-)

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Thank you Petra! I always try and learn from my mistakes (though I don't always!!) and then move on to the neckst step knowing that no giraffe is perfect, so I can still hold my head high even when I get in a muddle! :)

Lyn said...

You took a very brave step, and we are all grateful for your courage..here's looking back at you!! Congrats..

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Thank you Lyn! I think one knows when it's the right time to take different steps to follow one's dream.